A delicious coffee cheesecake made with Farrer’s No1 Coffee. This coffee cheesecake recipe is just the thing to enjoy at any time of day!
Ingredients for the base:
175g chocolate digestives (crushed)
150g ground almonds
1 tbsp brown sugar
50g melted butter
Ingredients for the filling:
250g caster sugar
1 tbsp cornflour
625g cream cheese
250g reduced-fat mascarpone cheese
4 medium eggs
2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tbsp Farrer’s No1 coffee freshly brewed and cooled
300ml sour cream
Ingredients for the topping:
200ml sour cream
1 tbsp caster sugar
2 tsp lemon juice
Coffee Cheesecake Method:
1. Preheat the oven 170°C or 140°C for a fan oven. Line a 9in cake tin with baking parchment. Place the cake tin on a baking tray.
2. For the base mix the crushed chocolate digestives, the almonds, 1 tbsp brown sugar and the melted butter. Evenly press the biscuit mixture into the base of the cake tin, and slightly up the sides.
3. Mix, the caster sugar and 1 tbsp cornflour with the cream cheese and the mascarpone cheese.
4. Then add the eggs, beating with a wooden spoon, add the vanilla extract and 2 tbsp of Farrer’s No1 and finally 300ml sour cream.
5. Pour into the cake tin and bake for 1 hr 20 mins on the middle shelf. Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire cooling tray.
6. Finally, for the topping mix together the 200ml of sour cream, 1 tbsp caster sugar and 2 tsp of lemon juice and spread over the cheesecake. Then chill overnight before serving.