Weekends are about relaxing and perhaps on the odd occasion for being a little overindulgent! You could start your day the right by enjoying a spot of brunch in the form of a fry up or maybe even avocado on toast with poached eggs on top. We think freshly made muffins just out of the oven are the way forward, especially when they are paired with a cup of freshly ground Farrer’s coffee.
With that in mind we thought we’d share one of our favourite muffin recipes with you. These chocolate coffee muffins are perfect for elevenses any day of the week or just the thing to indulge in on Sunday morning as little bit of a brunch cheat treat.
This delicious chocolate and coffee muffin recipe is easy to make. It’ll take around 10 minutes to prepare and 20 minutes to cook. So, why not get your bake on and get busy in the kitchen.
Chocolate Coffee Muffin Ingredients
- 1 tbsp of Farrer’s ground espresso blend coffee, mixed with 1 tbsp hot water
- 200g good quality plain chocolate, broken into pieces
- 125g butter
- 3 medium sized free-range eggs
- 175g muscovado sugar
- 175g self-raising wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
Chocolate Coffee Muffin Recipe
1. Preheat oven to 180°C
2. Line a muffin tin with paper muffin cases. Place the chocolate and butter in a bowl over a pan of simmering water to melt.
3. Meanwhile whisk together the eggs and sugar until pale and thickened, stir in the melted chocolate, the espresso and then the flour and baking powder. Mix together to form a batter, but do not over mix.
4. Spoon into the muffin cases and then pop in the oven to bake for 20 minutes until cooked through. Turn out onto a cooling rack and allow to cool slightly before eating with accompanied by a cup of your favourite Farrer’s coffee.
Pair this muffin recipe with a coffee